Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stacked Oatmeal "Cake"- For Breakfast!

A personal "cake" for breakfast?!- I'm in!


The idea for this recipe came when I wanted to combine my two favorite things: 
Baked oatmeal & Vanilla Greek Yoghurt

The result? A lovely, fresh, sweet combination that feels like a treat- but can be made everyday!

The strawberry are a great compliment to any baked good and enhance the vanilla taste of the filling in this recipe.

Recipe: 
Strawberry Stacked Oatmeal "Cake"
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup oats (quick oats were used)
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk or water (I used vanilla soy milk)
- sweetener of choice
Topping:
- 2  chopped fresh strawberries
Directions:
Preheat oven to 385 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients
Pour into a small loaf pan
Place strawberry pieces on top and press down slightly
Cook for 20 minutes
Set oven to "high broil" for 3 more minutes 
After cooled, cut "cake" in half
Spread 1/3 cup (or more!) vanilla Greek yoghurt on one slice and top with other
Enjoy!

*Notes on Sweetener: I would recommend using 1 tsp honey, sugar, or Splenda. In this recipe, I used one packet of Truvia.

(This recipe was adapted from the Chocolate Covered Katie blog's baked oatmeal.)

The original baked oatmeal before slicing it:

And voilà! Halved & Greek yoghurt added: 



I could get used to this in the morning!


If you have any reactions, questions, or suggestions for this recipe, please feel free to comment! I love hearing your opinions!

-Anna

8 comments:

  1. oh my gosh this looks sooo yummy- i'm totally trying this tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd love to hear how you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow this looks delicious :) definitely on my to do list of things to make soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very nice recipe!! Everything on here looks so delicious and healthy, too! :D I will try this for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mhmm, what a delish looking breakfast! I dont have time to make myself a beautiful breakfast in the morning. But I'll have to try making this on an upcoming weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks AMAZING! I have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great breakfast cake! Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visitng! I'd love to see your comments